Monday, October 09, 2006

The Yankees Failure

I'm not normally one to revel in another's loss, unless, of course, that loss is by the New York Yankees. The Detroit Tigers beat the Yankees 3 games to 1 to win the divisional series and eliminate the Yankees from the playoffs. Below is Yankees owner George Steinbrenner's statement:

"I am deeply disappointed at our being eliminated so early in the playoffs. This result is absolutely not acceptable to me nor to our great and loyal Yankee fans. I want to congratulate the Detroit Tigers organization and wish them well. Rest assured, we will go back to work immediately and try to right this sad failure and provide a championship for the Yankees, as is our goal every year."


I guess $200 million just doesn't buy what it used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment